The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark covers a large geographical area including all of London south of the Thames and all of Kent. Within the Archdiocese the financing of Church activities is associated with 175 parishes, 170 schools and a number of central agencies involved with education, youth work, safeguarding and other specialised functions. The Archdiocese is a charitable incorporated company (CIO), managed by a Trustee Board comprising clerical and lay Trustees.
The Archdiocese is looking to recruit a Diocesan Financial Controller to ensure the efficient management of diocesan finances. Reporting to the Finance Director (FD) and responsible for managing and developing a small team, this role will:
- Lead on the production of the statutory accounts for the Archdiocese, including the subsidiaries, and provide information to the auditors as required.
- Work with the Management Accountant to prepare the annual curial/agency budgets, interfacing effectively with budget holders to ensure that the underlying assumptions are verified and analysed.
- Ensure that all regular financial activity such as journal updates, postings, control accounts reconciliations, accruals and prepayments are undertaken in a timely and accurate manner and monitor cash flow.
- Ensure the integrity of Diocesan financial systems, including payroll, AIQ and GiftWise
- Oversee curial finance support to the parishes
The ideal candidate will be CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified (or equivalent) and highly experienced in a senior finance role within a not-for-profit or corporate organisation of reasonable size. Excellent communication and relationship skills at all levels are essential, as are IT skills, especially in financial systems (AiQ an advantage) and Excel. The ideal candidate will have a flexible approach with the ability to be responsive to change
This is a full-time position based in Bowen House in London SE1, but we could also offer some flexibility to work from home.
Starting salary £60,000 - £65,000 depending on skills and experience.
To apply please email your CV to HR@rcaos.org.uk by 18th July 2022.