Post: Deputy Headteacher
School: Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School, Hastings
Salary: L3 - L7
Starting: September 2024
The Governing Body of Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School is seeking to appoint a strong, dynamic and inspirational Deputy Headteacher to further the achievements of this welcoming and caring school. Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School provides exciting and meaningful learning with a strong Catholic ethos for 240 pupils aged 4-11. The school benefits from excellent outdoor learning environments as well as close proximity to the beach and strong links to the local parish. We are seeking an individual who will ensure that all pupils and staff are able to fulfil their potential within a caring and supportive Catholic community.
The successful applicant will be:
• A practising Catholic who has a clear understanding of the distinctive nature of a Catholic School and is willing to take an active role in the life & mission of the School
• An outstanding primary classroom practitioner
• An experienced school leader who is innovative and knowledgeable; confident to lead the school in areas identified such as safeguarding, curriculum development, assessment and specific curriculum areas, e.g., Maths.
• A strategic thinker who can work with the Headteacher to further develop the school vision for school effectiveness, inclusion and wellbeing and who is mindful of the impact of these on pupil outcomes
• Passionate about school improvement and raising standards
• Able to support, inspire and challenge staff
• Committed to build on existing relationships with parents, the Parish, the Diocese, Local Authority and wider community whilst fostering new relationships
We can offer you:
• A welcoming, Christ centred community with a strong Catholic ethos
• Enthusiastic and engaging children
• An opportunity to make a difference to the lives of our children and families
• The chance to work within a dedicated and committed staff team
• A supportive Governing Body committed to raising standards and with strong local parish links
• Commitment to your continuous professional development
• A wide-ranging curriculum including creative arts, forest and beach school.
• Close links with our Deanery and EIP Schools providing opportunities for networking and training.
• A school with easy proximity to the coast and the countryside.
An informal discussion and / or visit to the School can be arranged by contacting Naomi Corrigan.
Please email the school office for an application pack – firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about the school please see our website www.sacredhearthastings.co.uk
Please e-mail completed applications to email@example.com
Closing Date: Noon on Monday 26th February 2024
Shortlisting: Wednesday 6th March 2024
Interviews: Tuesday 12th March 2024
The successful candidate will be expected to sign the Catholic Education Service Contract of Employment. The Diocese of Arundel and Brighton is committed to safer recruitment practice and the safeguarding of children.