We are seeking a competent, creative and well-organised individual to support the work of the Agency for Evangelisation and Catechesis (AEC). The person appointed to this post will be expected to have regard to the teachings of the Catholic Church and the mission of the Archdiocese, and not do anything in any way detrimental or prejudicial to its interests or to the Catholic Church.
Based in Bowen House, London SE1, the Departmental Administrator will report to the Director of the Agency for Evangelisation and Catechesis and will support the department in the delivery of Some Definite Service which is the diocesan-wide approach for parish growth in Evangelisation, Catechesis, and Formation through local people, plans, and prayer.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating Agency parish visits
- Promoting and recording parish planning activity
- Contacting and surveying parishes and deaneries regarding the support they require to produce and carry out their plans (relating to other departments where necessary);
- Instigating and perpetuating a review cycle for parish plans;
- Working with the Local Leadership Coordinator and diocesan Advisors to build a repository of resources (physical and digital) which might be recommended to parishes.
- Assisting with the planning and administration of Agency events;
- Developing relationships with the various departments in the diocesan curia to support the work of the Agency and the mission of the diocese;
- Being a point of contact for parishes and other institutions;
- Assisting with the website and social media.
The Departmental Administrator will also be expected to attend meetings, relevant training days/ courses and enter into the prayer life of the Agency; be willing to learn how to use new software and to keep up to date with statutory requirements, best practice, and diocesan initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have strong skills in administration, communication and presentation, informed by a sense of responsibility as a person working in a professional capacity for the Church. They will also have an informed understanding of Catholic Church teaching and be able to develop good relations with colleagues, clergy, and laity. Excellent IT and interpersonal skills, a willingness to learn and an openness to new developments and ways of working are also essential.
The job is offered initially on a 12 month fixed term contract and will be for 3 days per week. Some evening and weekend working will be required. Salary £14,400-£15,600 per annum, depending on skills and experience
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should email their CV together with a covering letter to HR@rcaos.org.uk by the closing date of 5th August 2022.