Bromley Deanery is looking for a Youth Minister to assist all Parish Priests in the Deanery to promote the mission of the Church to the children and young people of the Deanery.
Bromley Deanery is looking for a Youth Minister to assist all Parish Priests in the Deanery to promote the mission of the Church to the children and young people of the Deanery. Reporting to the Dean, the key responsibilities of the job holder will be to:
- lead, develop and coordinate a range of pastoral programmes and relevant liturgies for children and young people through First Communion and Confirmation to their adult faith
- support parents, as first educators, of these children and young people as they progress through the First Communion and Confirmation Programmes to adulthood by programmes of faith development
- develop innovative ways and the use of modern media to support and engage children, young people, and their parents in participation with the catechetical programmes and parish life
- maintain active consultation and communication with the Parish Team, local schools, Deanery and Diocese, and keep the wider parish informed of developments
- recruit, train, and coordinate volunteers to organise and deliver parish programmes for children and young people including supporting formation for parents and carers.
Our ideal candidate will be a committed and practicing Roman Catholic who is actively involved in the life of the Church. You will have previous experience in working in Youth Ministry, with a passion to build up disciples who will live out the mission of Jesus Christ. A graduate, preferably also with qualifications in youth ministry who has at least 2 years experience of developing innovative and imaginative catechetical programmes. It is also essential that you are an excellent communicator orally, in writing and via the website and a range of social media, with strong ICT and organizational skills. A satisfactory DBS check will be required.
Hours of work will be 28 per week to include evening and weekend working. The starting salary is £20,000pa to £22,000pa depending on skills and experience. If you would like to apply please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 26th November 2021.